1. What is CRS?A Computer Reservations System (CRS) is a computer system used to store and retrieve information and conduct transactions related to air travel. Originally designed and operated by airlines, CRS’s were later extended for the use of travel agents.
2. What is GDS?Global Distribution Systems (GDS) are the main CRS operations that book and sell tickets for multiple airlines. Modern GDS’s typically allow users to book hotel rooms and rental cars as well as airline tickets.
3. Why should I learn a CRS?Most travel companies use a CRS to book flights, hotels and car hire and demand that people know at least one CRS in job adverts. Learning a CRS can help in securing your ideal travel job!
4. Which CRS should I learn?We offer training in all 4 major GDS systems; Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre & Worldspan however we do not promote any particular system over the other. If you learn one system it is quite easy to cross-train from one to another. They all work in similar way however the commands & entries may differ. If you cannot decide which system to learn, contact us and we will listen to your requirements and suggest the best course for you.
5. How do I train?Once your course has been processed & purchased we will email your log on details and password. You then need to download the courseware browser onto your computer in order to start studying. A link to the download site will be sent with your logon details or see system requirements page. If you are unable to download the browser the course can accessed directly by using the integrated courseware browser: See System Requirements section
The download browser is only compatible with PC, Mac users will have to use the integrated browser.
5. Where does training take place?All the training is done online and can be done in your own time, at your own pace and at your convenience and can be accessed from any computer that has an internet connection anywhere in the world.
6. What if find the course cheaper elsewhere?We are confident that our course prices are the cheapest available, if however you find a course being offered cheaper elsewhere, email details to email@example.com or call 0161 923 6120 and we will contact you directly and we guarantee to beat the price by 15%.
Please Note: this offer does not apply where companies offer courses free of charge
7. I have purchased the course, what happens next?Access to course is not immediate. Once you purchased a course will receive emailed confirmation of payment from WORLDPAY and notification of payment purchase will be given to Travel Trade Recruitment. We will then process your course. Courses are processed during working hours (9am-5:30pm Monday - Friday). Courses purchased outside of these hours will be processed next working day. Once the course is processed we will email you with your login details
8. How long do I get to complete the course?Each course comes with a set number of hours in which to complete the study and take the final exam. Your time runs down each time you log on until you log off so if you leave your computer to go and do something else please remember to save and log off. You can train as fast or as slow as you like - it's completely up to you however each course is valid for 6 months from date processing. After this time any unused hours will be reclaimed by Travel Trade Recruitment.
9. Where does the final exam take place?The final exam is also taken online. It takes between 1 & 2 hours depending on the course and the pass mark is 80% with 85% required to get certificated. You need to get 80% or more to pass. It is not possible to submit your exam
10. Can I get a certificate after I pass?Yes, you can request a certificate to confirm that you have passed if you achieve certain a pass of 85% or more.
11. Are the courses accredited?We are an approved reseller of the respected VIASINC online training system and these courses are recognised globally and are fully compliant with IATA's GDS requirements.
12. How do I get a workbook?Workbooks are only included on 3 of the courses: Introduction to Galileo (40 hours), Introduction to Sabre (40 hours) & Introduction to Amadeus (40 hours). The cost of these workbooks is included total price.
Postage is free to addresses in UK & Europe. An additional cost of £10 will be charged to addresses outside of Europe. Workbooks can be purchased separately for £20